International Computational Accelerator Physics Conference 2002
October 15-18, 2002
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
The conference focused on recent advances in Computational Accelerator Physics and its applications. It continued the tradition of six earlier conferences in this series, held in the US and Europe from 1988 to 2000.
- Click here to view ICAP 2002 photographs.
- Program Schedule
- Click here to view ICAP 2002 program schedule.
- Click here to view ICAP 2002 posters.
- The meeting took place at two brand new locations, the MSU Henry Center , a golf course spa resort at the south end of the MSU campus, as well as the newly dedicated building housing the Physics and Astronomy Department.
- The ICAP2002 program covered the following topics
Tracking and Ray Tracing Methods
Field Computation and Analysis
Precision Modeling of Dynamics and Fields
High Current Beams
High Emittance Beams
High Performance Computing
- As well as a series of other topics including
Design of Accelerators and Components
Computer Modeling and Visualization
Controls and Simulation
- It had a mix of plenary sessions, focused sessions, and round table discussions. The Conference Dinner was held during a cruise on the Michigan Princess .
- The papers presented at the conference will be refereed and published by IOP Publishing. All papers have to be handed in at the conference, and should have a maximum length of 10 pages. Papers can be submitted in LaTeX format or in Word, and have to strictly follow the following guidelines
Abstracts for Papers should be submitted through the Registration and Abstract Submission Form by September 15, 2002.
- Submitted Abstracts
Click here to view ICAP 2002 abstracts and posters page.